META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Things I Cannot Control

The Kid fell at the park. He didn’t seem to notice. The Husband and I were sitting nearby and I immediately jumped up and ran over to The Kid. Later The Husband commented that I will soon suffer a heart attack if I do not calm down. “You saw the fall. The fall happened. It was beyond your control. Running to The Kid and worrying cannot change anything.”

I shouldn’t stress about things that I cannot change. I know this.

I will be on the job market this fall. I’ve been worrying about it since Feb. Probably a little earlier.

I didn’t sleep for a week after The Kid was born. I was too busy thinking about the labor, the future, and the fact that I hadn’t yet slept.

I’m waiting for reviews on a paper that will arrive by email. I know this. I still check the journal’s website daily (at least). Maybe I’ll catch it seconds before the email arrives.

I shouldn’t stress about things that I cannot change. I know this and I will try.

Comments:
Some of us are worriers, unfortunately. I definitely try to control it, but sometimes it just happens. Then I worry that I worry too much, and, well, you see the problem. :)

It's lovely to meet you - I'm looking forward to reading more.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]