META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, May 26, 2006

This Little Piggy Stayed Home

The Husband is out of town.

The Kid is sick.

This provides the perfect opportunity to wallow in the extreme difficulty I find in the transformation from Scientist to MamaScientist. For 18 months I’ve been trying to figure out how to figure this out. Tonight I plan to blog about it a bit and see if that brings any clarity.

I sit down. First, I check my email (it has after all been 6 hours since I last checked).

And there it is...da dunh dunh dunh...another email from OldFamousDude (OFD). OFD was a reviewer on MyVeryFavoriteManuscript (MVFM).

OFD is a very intense reviewer (I know this from experience) and wanted to replicate and better understand some technical parts of MVFM. Several weeks (maybe months?) ago during an 11:30 maybe-I-won-the-lottery-so-I-better-check-email-just-before-bed moment, I received my first email from OFD. I replied and he replied and I replied and he replied and I replied and he replied and I replied and he replied and I replied and he sent in the review. I received the reviews last week. OFD apparently kept on thinking and sent a postscript to his review.

Now this might be ok if OFD wasn’t so Old, wasn’t so Famous, and wasn’t half insane. Many (most?) of his comments are only marginally relevant or refer to technical details that I use but did not develop. I can and I will respond to his comments, revise and re-submit MVFM in the next 30 days and I will say wee wee wee all the way home whimper the entire time.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]