META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

100 Facts in 100 Days: Fact 18

I gave birth without an epidural. I did get a shot of some kind of narcotic that lasted (apparently) an hour. It didn't take away the pain or pressure, it just made me not care. It wasn't a purposeful choice and I have no strong commitment to "natural childbirth,*" it just happened. I was in labor but no pain for hours (4:30am-noonish) and then all of a sudden everything happened in a very quick and very dramatic fashion (as does the rest of my life).



*I so hate that term, what kind child birth is unnatural? And what is the correct order for a comma, asterisk, and quotation mark? I need a style guide.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]