META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

100 Facts in 100 Days: Fact 22

I have no idea how to do this actually.

I don't know how to make a non-standard-template blog.
I don't know how to see who's reading.
I don't know how to see what google terms people have used to end up here.
I didn't know that reposting was bad.
I don't know how to post a list of blogs that I read on a sidebar.
I don't know how to ensure anonymity.

I just don't know these things and I'm too lazy to find out at the moment.

Comments:
I'm not good at the template changes - they take me forever and I have to read a lot of help files to make progress. It's painful, so I won't offer advice there.

SiteMeter is free (with more features if you decide to pay), has easy installation instructions, tells you who's reading and gives you the google search terms. I'd never blog without it - it's been addictive for me.

I can email you the section of code that includes links in your template or you can use blogrolling (I don't do that though so I'm not sure how).

As for remaining anonymous, I don't have anything profound here either. If anyone I know happens to find the blog, they'll know I wrote it. But I enjoy it enough that it doesn't matter so much.

Too much advice? Sorry about that. Your blog is quite lovely exactly how it is. :)
 
excellent, thanks for the tips. when I return from conferencing I'll ask you to send that email.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]