META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Monday, June 12, 2006

100 Facts in 100 Days: Fact 5

I cannot keep a secret. Not a good secret, a bad secret, a boring secret, or a really juicy secret. I might only tell TheHusband, not the whole entire world, but I am a teller. Part of the reason, I think (or maybe I am completely making this up to justify my problem), is that I don’t like to have my own secrets. I prefer to own it. If you don’t like the facts about my life, then too bad for you. This is tied to another fact: I cannot tell a lie. Now this presents numerous problems. For example, during job interviews when the director of undergraduate teaching asks a question like “Would you like to teach Intro to WholeField?” - my mouth says “hmmm, I’d definitely try but I think that is a challenging course to teach” and my face says “seriously, are you crazy? no f*ing way!” Of course, the correct answer (and one reason I do not have a job) is “Yes, I’d love to. I’ve always wanted to teach Intro.”


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]