META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Sunday, June 25, 2006

100 Facts in 100 Days: Facts 10-15, Family Edition

Fact 10: I have one sister. We grew up with our 2 step-sisters so I feel like I grew up in a big family. We still see our step-sisters on occasion, but we are not close. The Husband has 2 brothers which I consider my own. I’ve known them since they were in elementary school and they don’t remember a time pre-apparently.

Fact 11: My parents divorced when I was 5. My mother was 23, had no place to live, and had never had a job. So she gave custody to my father. I elected to live with my mother when I was 12 and legally old enough to make my own decisions. I wanted to move in with my mother as early as I can remember but she was too afraid of my father to go to court.

Fact 12: My father was abusive and has substance abuse problems. I might blog more about this later, but not now.

Fact 13: All of my grandparents were farmers. I have great childhood memories of riding on tractors, watching the pigs, and eating fresh peas from the garden.

Fact 14: My nephew is 6 weeks younger than my son. My sister and I have become extremely close as we continue to travel together through all of the craziness that is pregnancy, birth, and babyhood. I don’t think 2 kids could be more different than The Nephew and The Kid. But I adore my nephew.

Fact 15: My mom and step-dad have been married for almost 20 years. He is a conservative republican and an accountant. Despite his flaws, we get along.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]