META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bad Mommy

Saturday was a lovely day. And because I am such a good mother, I decided to take The Kid outside to play. I hadn’t eaten breakfast, so I decided to eat outside so The Kid didn’t have to wait for me (being the kind, considerate mother that I am). I grabbed a banana, graham crackers, and a cup of coffee. I picked bananas and graham crackers to share because he loves them (even though he’d already eaten), because I am obviously, a very nice mommy. Not only am I a super terrific, nice mother but I am also safe and responsible, so you will not be surprised to learn that I poured my coffee in a travel mug with a lid, thus preventing any burns or spills.

Holding the banana, graham crackers, and coffee with my left hand and The Kid’s hand with my right, we push open the back door. I put my left elbow against the door to hold it open, tipping my arm, tipping the coffee cup, pouring hot coffee on my right hand, which spills onto The Kid’s head. Realizing this, I let go of the door to grab my burnt hand, causing the door slam into The Kid’s face.

I have an inch long burn on my hand. The Kid fared better, he only cried for about 20 seconds and he has no burn (thanks to my hand and to his hair).

ps Please don’t call children’s services


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]