META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday Update on Day Care Situation

We've called the director's boss twice this week. I finally talked to her today. (Turns out she is at a the center's day camp this entire week, but called us from camp.) I explained the entire situation (in the shortest way humanly possible - much shorter than my post here!) She was very nice and seemed to understand everything I said. I was very reasonable - I tried to emphasize that I'm most upset about the lack of communication ("either no one knows what is going on here or someone is outright lying to me" I said) but I fully understand that state laws and fire code limit the number of students in each room and I'm not asking to violate any of these restrictions. She asked whether we'd prefer to stay in CurrentTeacher'sRoom or move and I said I just want him to be with people he knows or have sufficient time to transition and most of all I want to be informed and free to participate in the decision making for my kid. She asked if we'd like TheKid stay in CurrentTeacher's Room until he is 2 then transition (the same exact plan I already suggested to director, maybe that is why I like director's boss - she seems capable of clear and reasonable thinking) Anyway, she asked that we give her until Monday afternoon to find out all the facts and evaluate the situation and "hopefully this will be easily solved Monday afternoon" she said. (hahaha yea right EvilApparently laughs)

On the other hand, ExcellentAssistantTeacher in The Kid's current room is coming over tomorrow to discuss the possibility of quitting the center and working for us full time. We figured out that we can either pay $7.15 for 35 hrs (best) or $8 .15 for 30 hrs (less desirable for us but we can deal with 30 hrs) and we were worried that wasn't enough. We were trying to think of other perks like paid vacation & taking her home (she rides the bus) Then we found out that they* make $6.25/hr - can you believe that $6.25 to care for, teach, feed, and love a bunch of kids!

Dream of all dreams - wouldn't it be super fabulous if on Monday we had to decide between EAT and Room F? What would we do? I lean toward EAT, Husband leans toward Room F. I have a strong suspicion that the world will decide for us.

* We called another person who occassionally babysits for us and who used to work at the center - she said she made $6.25 so it is possible (but unlikely I think) that EAT (hmmm, rethinking that pseudonym) makes more or less than that.

Comments:
Yay for progress! It sounds as though things will resolve quite well - 2 good options are open, which is fantastic. Really - congratulations and excellent work. :)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]