META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Monday, August 14, 2006

Random Updates

Things are approaching normal after our little flood. Nearly everyone else has moved to the 4th floor. My office and a few nearby offices do not require complete replacement, so we are staying in the basement. At first I thought this was great. I hate moving and the thought of packing all the papers on my desk and then replacing them in the nice neat piles made me ill (for unknown reasons, all of our filing cabinets are only 2 drawers so I have a total of 4 filing cabinets but enough papers to fill at least 8) However, we’ve now found out that several walls have to be torn out and replaced, all kinds of insulation is being removed replaced (creating tons of dust), and the whole area is a complete disgusting disaster. I don’t want to be down here in this mess. The printers and copy machine need to be replaced, but I don’t know when that will happen. This could not possibly come at a worse time – I have to get stuff ready for my class and it is close to impossible without printing devices.

We have internet at home again which is nice, but we don’t have a wireless router (yet) and have only one (incredibly inconvenient) location where we can sit and use the internet. Anyway, I’m back to regularly scheduled blogging.

We went to see a NFL football game this weekend. When their team scores, they sing a song and 2 guys on the field run around waving a big flag. It is so high school (or maybe college-basketball-esque.) I really hated it and I’m embarrassed for that team and their fans. Football is supposed to be burly big men talking trash and throwing each other to the ground, not singing songs to a marching band tune.

I’ve met with my teaching mentor twice and we meet again Thursday. I’ve got to prep more before then but I can’t get my head into it today (see next post for reasons why).


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]