META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Monday, September 11, 2006

Stalker

I dated a boy in high school/early college (maybe not early college?) We broke up (obviously). I just wasn't that into him. He was a nice, relatively conservative, good boy. I like(d?) bad boys. He couldn't move on. Somehow he found my number even though I moved & got a new phone number every year during college. He showed up in CollegeTown to visit his friend's sister & wanted to visit. I said no and hid at home all night - CollegeTown was just small enough to ensure a meeting should I have left the house for any reason. When I went to grad school, he found me again - email this time. I seem to remember he told me he was getting married (and not stalking me, so I shouldn't worry). I also remember his future wife's name (because it is my middle name and I thought it was kinda funny - he'd always have a reminder).

Fast forward about 6 years.

This weekend we went to a wedding in HomeTown. The groom grew up across the street from TheHusband, so they've pretty much known each other forever, not necessarily the closest of friends, but they share lots of memories of good times. The wedding was in a pretty funky space - top floor of the building is bride & groom's loft apartment and bottom floor is art gallery and location of wedding & reception. Half of the audience was outside and half inside. Definitely not your traditional set up - no dance floor (in fact, no dancing at all but an excellent acoustic guitarist), no tapping of the glasses requiring a kiss. I liked it. Except ... The Stalker was there. His wife (mother of his 1yr old child) was the sister of the bride. He hasn't changed an ounce in the past 10 years (hmmm. can't even remember the last time I saw him - guessing it must have been around 94 or 95) But anyway, I immediatley recognized him. So I spent a while pretending not to see him but then gave up, made eye contact. I don't think he recognized me right away - but he did eventually. We never talked and that is fine with me. I think he intended to a few times but changed his mind. My kid said "bye bye baby" to his kid, but I don't think that counts. So, here is the question: will he pick up stalking where he left off? I'm not hard to find online - I just googled myself and my academic webpage is the first listing under my name. If yes (and I'm definitely betting yes) how long will it take? You'll be the first to know (ok, not really I'll tell TheSister and TheHusband first, but you are next in line - is that enough of a bribe to keep reading even though I've been a bad apparently and not blogged much lately? Please?)

Bonus Story - so I got drunk at this wedding, apparently. I didn't actually feel drunk but I did get sick in ParentInLaws bathroom after the wedding at 8pm and slept (passed out, some might say) from 8oclock on. The problem is that they had a bbq and the wedding started at 3:30, so I skipped lunch and then didn't eat much dinner because it is hard to eat sloppy food in a nice outfit with a kid on your lap.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]