META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, October 13, 2006

annoying

I’m reviewing 2 papers on the very same topic by the same author for 2 different journals. In one, they claim that the effect is due to X and in another they claim it is due to B.

This is annoying.

Let us review my options 1) tell them I’m reviewing both and they should stop this nonsense 2) ignore it, if anyone actually reads the published version (assuming they get published) then the authors will look silly for saying both X and B 3) reject both of them because I am so annoyed and the papers aren’t so great anyway

I already rejected Paper X but I suspect it will get a chance at revision. Paper B I’m still reading but so far, ehhh.


Comments:
wait you know the authors?
and they are so dumb to put two different reasons? they must not believe in it so much if they are so ready to switch, seems like just trying in order to get published..
 
our reviews are not double blind - the reviewer has the option of remaining anonymous or not - but the authors are always listed.

yes, so dumb. and for the record, I don't believe either of their "explanations"
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]