META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Dear L Student,

Please take responsibility (and the big D that comes along with it) and leave me alone.
thanks & happy holidays!
- apparently



I do not accept late assignments (where late means after the office closes the day it is due). Period. This particular assignment was handed out the first day of class and due the last week of class. I begged and pleaded for people to turn it in early. I gave extra credit for handing in a brief sketch of the assignment. L. Student (where L stands for lazy, lying, late, take your pick) placed the assignment in my mailbox at least 2 days late. L. Student only needed a D on this assigment to get a C in the class. Instead, L. Student has a D in the class. L. Student claims to have turned in the assignment on time. I see no possible way that this is true. None. I suggested other possible ways to try to get the points required for a C, L. didn't even attempt. L. did not complete the extra credit earlier in the semester (which would have resulted in a C). Today L. Student states that this is unfair and wants to speak to someone else. Be my guest I say. But what's the point, L.? You messed up. Welcome to real life where your actions (or lack thereof) have consequences. (Oh and in case you are wondering, this assigment is worth roughly 5% of the final grade, it is a small little fun assignment, not a big deal.)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]