META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Monday, December 04, 2006

promoted

TheKid started gymnastics today. They want to promote him to the next level. Apparently he has remarkable upper body strength and tumbling ability. FriendWithKids was a gymnast and her son is in gymnastics. I sort of thought it was funny when she told me. I thought maybe she planned on training him for the olympics or something. Then I realized that going to gymnastics was probably more fun and less work than running around the baseball field at the local park in 30 degree weather or running around the mall, both of which are our current coping mechanims to get TheKid a bit tired. He has So.Much.Energy. So we enrolled him and apparently he is a natural. The next level is for older kids (but the teacher thinks he'll be great if he can manage to pay attention to a bit of instruction) and is only offered during the day. I'm thinking maybe we'll do it. I should be all done with this job interview business after Jan and hopefully I'll have a job all set up and I can sleep for the entire spring semester. Except for the one day he goes to class, then I can pretend to be a stay at home mom and bring TheKid to the gym. The funniest part of this story and if you knew me, you'd really appreciate the humor, is that I have zero athletic ability. Zero. The fact that my kid is obsessed with sports, can throw a ball farther and faster than I can, and is a natural gymnast is almost hysterically funny.

Comments:
i love the "gonna pretend to be a stay at home mom part"!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]