META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, January 05, 2007

apparently, where are you?

Where have I been, you ask? In a food induced coma. I eat when I am hungry or when I am particularly stressed. The academic job market lends itself to massive eating. The holidays make the eating particularly sweet and sticky. My pants don’t fit. I’m not kidding.

I’m in a funk of sorts. Now the average person might be jumping off walls, so happy to have the ridiculous number of job interviews that I have. I realize this. However, I am not average or sane (apparently). I have been reflecting quite a bit this week and have multiple posts twirlling around in my head, look for upcoming posts on:

1. the new daycare situation (short version: its not so great)
2. why my happiness and sanity are tied to some silly job (short version: perfectionism)
3. updates on the various job interviews
4. why my mother and I don't really get along anymore (short version: she was disrespectful/mean/or something to me when I was pregnant)

Comments:
I'm a stress eater too! I gained a good deal of weight when interviewing as well. Not a good habit we have in common there.

I'm sorry to hear about the daycare situation - I'd hoped that would work out well. It's also not good that your relationship with your mom is strained. That can't help with all your professional stress.

I very much hope you find a job that feels right for you and your family. While I'm sure you're very much in demand, it's terrible to be in the middle of interviewing and not love any of the opportunities.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]