META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

RBOC: why I hate airports

I've had so much to say the past week or so that I've said nothing because I don't know where to start. Today is apparently mow the lawn and cut the trees day. It took me about an hour to drive to my office, weaving around various lawn mowing companies with 20-something boys smoking cigarettes while standing next to big trucks, fail to find a parking space without a 'do not park here' sign, and return back home. And so, I am annoyed and resort to blogging rather than anything requiring thought and/or effort.
*TheKid and 5 yr old MilesfromNewState were the best of friends at the airport. They played a game where MfNS rolled (most of the time anyway) a ball to TheKid, then ran down to retrieve the ball before TheKid could, and handed it to TheKid. TheKid then rolled (and/or threw) the ball to MfNS's end of the airport with a 50% chance of hitting an innocent bystander before MfNS had time to run back to his station at the other end of the airport and retrieve the ball. Some people were not happy. At all. Especially when they were hit in the head with the ball. It was foam, so I wasn't too worried. No one actually complained to me, so I pretended not to notice. I figured being hit in the head by a foam ball was better than listening to a 2yr old scream and throw himself to the ground. Maybe some people disagreed, I don't know and honestly I don't care.

**Although when I arrived at the airport they announced that they needed 5 people to volunteer to be bumped (of a 30 person flight) and that our flight crew was not present and we would be delayed. I nearly freaked out. Somehow everything magically resolved itself when I went to the restroom and though we took off late, we actually arrived early.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]