META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Thursday, August 09, 2007

settled in

Oh Blog, how I've missed you. The thing is that at least 2 people from NewU City have been spotted reading you and so I'm sad and scared*. I'm scared of being discovered (pre-tenure anyway) though I'm not sure why - I don't say anything particularly interesting academic or otherwise. Every day I want to post something but then I go through this whole evaluation process where I try to decide if it will identify me or not. I think I might be over it for a little while anyway. I might become very very good friends with sitemeter.

I'm all moved in finally. Everything is unpacked except an old typewriter that I bought as a decoration. It is missing a home so it sits at the top of the stairs in a box, waiting. Even TheSportsTeamRoom is unpacked which was no small feat. TheHusband has been planning for this room since he realized he was an adult and might actually own a home someday. For the past 3-5 years he has been buying random decorations for TheSportsTeamRoom. TSTR is missing a bar so there is still a full box or two of bar stuff waiting to be unpacked. The problem is that all the furniture appears to be from the 70s so buying a new bar at the store doesn't quite work. Anyone have a smallish 1970's bar they want to get rid of?

The best part of my new home is that I have my own office with lots of windows. Only it is so bright in the morning that I need sunglasses. Seriously. Because the walls are windows. All of them. I took a picture for you but TheKid's new hobby is taking pictures and when he was finished yesterday he threw the camera to the ground like he does when he is done with all of his toys. I think the camera has a boo-boo.

The other best part - we have a real dining room table and chairs. In grad school we had an outdoor bar type thing for a table. In postdoc-dom we had Japaneese style table and sat on pillows. Which I loved. For a while. But my back hurts and it is hard to get up and apparently I'm an old lady and I need a real table. (not the best picture and I guess PierUno doesn't have any furniture online?? so I can't show you the chairs)

The worst part of the new home situation is that we spent entirely too much money. As in we found the limit on our credit card. Half of that is moving expenses which are being reimbursed but still, it is scary.

I've started the new job and I'm still trying to feel comfortable. But it is hard because no one (and I do mean NO one) is there. Where are these people? I've always been surrounded by 20-hour-a-day, what is vacation? -types. So I'm sort of confused by the absence of people during the summer. I guess I'll get used to it - in 7 years when I'm tenured. Until then it is me and the secretaries working in the summer.

Now lets see if I even have a blogger account anymore. Anyone remember my password?

*TheKid's new saying. Every night he claims to be sad and scared so that we'll lay down with him. What is he scared of? Yesterday he didn't know, Tuesday it was mama's bedroom, and Monday it was a dinosaur.

Labels: ,


Comments:
yay, you are back!!!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]