META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, July 21, 2006

The Problem With Success

MVFM was accepted for publication and now I don't want to work. I feel like I deserve a day (or a month) off. But I was just on vacation and I'm going to another conference in a week so I need to work. But I can't. So I'm watching TV, lounging around, blogging, about to call my sister and talk for hours. Oh well.

Completely unrelated thought - tomorrow we are attending a wedding. The Kid is an excellent traveler (really, he was less grouchy than me after our 16 hour journey home.) He is usually well-behaved when eating out or grocery shopping. But attending a wedding? I don't know about that. I'm not a big fan of kids attending weddings in general. But it is 3 hours away and our potential babysitters will either be at the wedding (one parental unit) or out of town (other parental unit), so we really have no choice. The reception will be loud and full of people he doesn't know - all probably trying to talk to him or play with him. The Husband seems to think The Kid will have a great time because he loves music and dancing. I'm not so sure.

Comments:
Congratulations on the acceptance. That happened somewhat fast, right? YAY!

I understand the need to give yourself a little break after something like that, and I think it's okay to do that.
 
Super fast - my reading of the action letter is that the editor read it and decided not to send it out for reviews again (though the original action letter made it sound like it would go back out for reviews)
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]