META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, August 04, 2006

Worst Day Ever

edited again #10, 11 added
edited (already) #9 added

The crap that has filled my day (so far) . . .

1. Neighbors are moving tomorrow (apparently, they packed their computer this morning) - no more stolen wireless. Uh-oh. Thought they weren't moving until the end of the month. Limited blogging ahead.

2. GradStudent's advisor sucks. This deserves a full post. Short version - He is an expert in Method C - I use Method B and I previously hated Method C because it was sexy but uninformative (the worst possible combination). I changed my mind and started a project with GradStudent and Dr. Sucky. Dr Sucky doesn't know how to analyze data, as it turns out. He knows how to press a few buttons but if the plan is to do something slightly different - say push those buttons in a different order - then the world comes to a stop. My world (at least my Method C world) is at a complete stop. And I can't do anything about it. Was planning on including this in my job talk.

3. I have to teach in 22 days and I have exactly 1 class prepared. Excellent.

4. Review is more than 2 weeks late.

5. Final revisions of MVFM are due today, will not happen.

6. The Husband is feeling neglected and I've been mean so I have to stop working early and go out with him tonite. Pretty sure I'm going to be as fun as a can of asparagus because I am so stressed at the moment.

7. The Sister is married to Mr. AllThingsBad (couldn't quite narrow his faults to a single pseudonym, sorry). Talked to her this morning and it is clear that things are pretty awful again.

8. The Kid was bit again at pre-school, this is the 6th (or maybe we are at 7 now) time in 8 months. I'm starting to get angry. I appreciate that kids bite - my own kid has bitten me more than once, but come on there has to be a solution here. Dear Parents of Mr. Biter - figure it out!

9. Cuke, tomato, onion, olive oil, lemon juice salad spilled all over bag. Phone, wallet, thumb drive, bag, etc now smell.

10. Hospital Dr. told me to take double the medication I used to take, since this. But I haven't had time to see Regular Dr to officially have my prescription changed. Now I am out of meds and the pharmacy will not fill it because my insurance says it is too soon (and I suppose this is true given that I'm taking double) But why didn't Hospital Dr. just write me a new script? Now I have to call Regular Dr, he'll probably make me come in and I just don't want to deal with this right now.

11. I should have added this earlier - crazy lady driver completely ran a stop sign today and nearly killed us. If I was driving, I probably wouldn't be writing this right now but The Husband has excellent reflexes (seriously, he could be a ... well whatever requires fast reflexes) She was on the phone, of course.

12. TBD (its only noon)

Comments:
My goodness. I'm so sorry! I think you're showing great restraint with the biter at school. I'd likely flip out over that. I hope you have a nice evening with your husband tonight - try to remember those excellent reflexes of him and how it's nice to have him around. (I type that as I wish I had someone around to drive me places, though I'm sure I'd be mean to him sometimes too.) :) I'm thinking good thoughts for you! Hang in there and tomorrow should certainly be better.
 
I guess it's good that you made it several more hours without updating #12, but that sure is a lot of crap to deal with in one day! I hope you don't have another day like this one any time soon.
 
sorry for all the yucky!
re: the biting, what has worked with friends in the past -- now don't come after me with torches mothers of america -- is biting the child back once. they usually do not realize that biting someone hurts, and then they stop. if, however, they've been also bitten before, i have no advice. yet i don't reccomend biting him yourself, that might not go over well ;o)
hope the day turned out better than it started!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]