META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Saturday, August 19, 2006

"Your Mommy is a Genius, Genius, Genius"

This is the song I've been singing all day after I found out that one of my articles is the lead article for Special Issue. MyVeryFavoriteManuscript is the 2nd article. I believe (for absolutely no substantial reason) that order of articles means something. I guess I've seen CVs that say [lead article] next to a title, but that is really the only reason. I've been trying to google it all morning and I can find absolutely no proof that order means anything. Nevertheless I am celebrating the fact that my article is first (& second though I really don't believe that second means anything it surely does emphasize that I have 2.) I asked good friend (who is going up for tenure early, yah for him) and he also believes in this myth. He says "I think it means the Editor considers the lead article to be the best in the issue" so I'm celebrating because I am a genius, genius, genius.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]