META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Cue the Balloons

Happy Blog-o-birthday to me! This is my 100th post. I hear that a blogger "finds her voice" in the first 100 posts and the quality thereafter tends to be better. Don't bet on it dear readers!

So what do I have to say for myself in this 100th post -- I just scheduled my first job talk at Univ of Hearing. I'm excited. Not so much because this is a dream job, though it does have a pretty solid group of faculty. I'm more excited because I've been paranoid since, hmmm about March, that I would be a jobless drunk at home with The Kid next year. Don't get me wrong, this job talk does not mean that I will not be jobless drunk SAHM* but it does give me hope. And it is always so nice to talk to these people on the phone because they are sort of obligated to tell you that you are great and who doesn't love that? Person from from VeryGoodButReligousSchool called me a superstar.

*I have the utmost respect for SAHMs because I'm pretty sure I'd pull out all of my hair in the first week. I can do a max of 4 consecutive days at home before I'm ready to throw myself in front of a train.

Comments:
happy 100!
and hope all goes well at job talks!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]