META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Friday, November 03, 2006

motivation

nothing like a big stack of grading to motivate me to clean my house

in completely unrelated news ... When we went to the wedding in BigWestCoastState we left our stroller at the airport. We had an overnight flight and had to go to work, oversized baggage was taking entirely too long, so we ditched it. It was free, it was our travel stroller, it had been around the world, we almost left it in Ireland, we did leave it in Newark (and they returned it to us), so leaving it in our own airport was a bit anticlimactic but we did it anyway.

TheHusband is back in BWCS for a football game (his best-man gift). I drove him to the airport and decided to check if they still had our bag. They did not. They only keep bags for 3 days (what! 3 days, can you believe that??). But they gave me a different one. It appears to be absolutely positively brand new. I didn't ask any questions, I just said thank you. But how strange? How can the airline file bankruptcy but have new strollers to hand out to anyone who asks? So, I can't get a bag of pretzels but I can get a stroller? hmmm. ok. [Note, I didn't complain at all, not once. I explained to them the situation just as I explained it to you. I didn't really care about this stroller, I just asked because I happened to be there.]

and in more completely unrelated news ... another friday, another job talk scheduled. I wanted to yell out "you like me, you really like me" to academia but I didn't (well, I guess I am now).

Comments:
umm, I want free stuff!!
maybe you should "lose" your laptop next. or hmm, a nice digital camera..
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]