META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Sunday, December 03, 2006

RBOC: Interview #1

I talk really really really fast

The chair's secretary has a stripper name, I almost laughed out loud (seriously, I might have laughed but pretended it was for a different reason).

The Kid wears underwear. I was only gone 2.5 days and he now wears underwear during the day with the Best Babysitter EVER.

I nearly used the barf bag on my flight. We had to fly through some rough weather from the big storm and it was pretty awful. So awful that I talked to my neighbor, "so, where are you from?" Luckily he likes to talk. Alot. I don't talk to people on planes. In fact, I rarely talk to strangers under any circumstances. At one point I started sweating and getting really flush and I visually located the bag just in case. I even ordered a ginger ale to drink. I hate ginger ale.

I thought this dept was a poor fit on paper, but I was w.r.o.n.g. I'm actually very impressed.

I got another interview while I was at this one. That makes 5 (2 of them I guessed, 1 of them is DreamJob) so I guess there is nothing wrong in the universe after all.

I've had a throbbing headache for about 2 weeks and my suitcase hasn't been empty since the week before Thanksgiving. I'm a little tired.

There has been a revolution in hotel supplied toiletries. For a very long time now, it has been extremely rare to find conditioner in a hotel. Almost universally, its been shampoo plus conditioner which sucks. Every hotel I've been to this year has supplied conditioner.

Update: I'm currently at interview #2 location.
I just found out that TheKid wore underwear for 4 hours today with TheHusband

It's dark here and its only 4:30, yuck.

If it comes down to which location had the hotel with the best hand soap - this place will almost surely win.

Time to research the dept. Hope to update later this week.

Comments:
oops, I guess it is dark at 4:30 at my house too. I've been gone too long.
 
I remember those interviewing times! Living out of a suitcase so long that I forgot I had other clothes to wear, dealing with the stress/relief cycle, assessing hotel quality from vast experience! It's exhausting.

But I'm so glad it's going well and that people are smart enough to realize how desperately they'd like to hire you. Good luck!!
 
ooh, congrats on all the interviews and for the kid in underwear!

and i talk really fast as well, even if I practice slowly.

hope the headaches and tiredness go away real soon.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]