META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Thursday Confessions: On being a hypocrite

update: I just realized that today is Thursday, appropriate huh? You see I just needed some material for my blog, I'm not actually a bad parent.

TheKid ate breakfast as he watched Caddyshack while I attempted to nap on the couch this morning. Remind me why we left that other day care again?

But you see, this was a case of life or death. I didn't sleep well last night. I should have. I went to be at 8pm. Of course TheHusband called me at 9:30 (Conversation: me: hello TH: are you asleep? me: I was TH:oh, sorry, bye me: bye) and I stayed up until the am hours. Then TheKid came into our room somewhere around 4am and proceeded to adorn himself as if he were a necklace around my neck. This does not make for good sleep, or the ability to take full breaths. I woke up TheHusband who looked over at us and laughed then went back to sleep. I guess he thought I just wanted to share the humor of having a human necklace.

So you see when I woke up to TheKid yelling "me wanna watch da goff" at 7:20 am and TheHusband desparately trying to figure out what exactly this "da goff" is then realizing that it was Caddyshack (a consequence of my many trips out of town this year, no doubt, as I haven't watched Caddyshack in at least 2 years) only to then figure out (even though I told him weeks ago) that the DVD player in the bedroom doesn't work, well I decided to accompany TheKid downstairs, put Caddyshack on, grab him a bowl of cereal and fall on to the couch so as to not kill them both.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]