META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

100 Facts in 100 Days: Fact 2

I often suffer from insomnia. As you might guess, often includes now. I cannot sleep when I have unfinished business. I mentioned before that I did not sleep for 5 days after my son was born. The Drs gave me all kinds of advice – make yourself physically tired, drink a glass of wine, don’t watch TV, do yoga, take Benadryl, take Tylenol PM, don’t watch the news (The Kid was born on a Friday and the 2004 presidential election was the following Tuesday) do this, don’t do that! They finally gave me Ambien and I slept for 13 straight hours the first night and 12 the next. So, what is my unfinished business tonight?

· Well, OFD emailed again today. Twice (well actually 3 times but the third was an attachment he forgot to send in the first email).

· I have to revise that paper that OFD reviewed and the clock is ticking (less than 25 days I think).

· I’ve been asked to review a paper of a friend and can’t decide if I should accept.

· I’ve just started a new project that requires an insane amount of organization, phone calls, paperwork, details, etc. I’m making a non-stop mental checklist which I’ll forget by the time I wake up anyway, but nevertheless the checklist continues to grow.

This is my unfinished business. I took 2 Tylenol PM (left over from 2004) but that was 2 hours ago and here I am. The good news is that fact 2 is complete. Of course, that leaves 98 more pieces of unfinished business.

[edited to add: Ok, what is with these bullets? This is the kind of thing that will keep me up all night. 20 minutes I've spent trying to make them identical. Add this to the list of unfinished business. I am going back to bed, but do not act shocked when I return in 30 minutes to try again]

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]