META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

100 Facts in 100 Days: Fact 20 embedded in Fact 19

This happened to me:

We were taking The (newly born) Kid to see the Dr. I still had not slept. He was wrapped in the pink blanket we received as a baby shower gift from The Husband's grandparents. Why did they give us a pink blanket for a baby boy? I do not know. It is definitely not because they are open minded, GLBTA, or crazy liberals (as my step-father might say).

In fact (# 20) the grandparents did not attend our wedding because 1.) we are in a mixed marriage (mixed referring to the fact that The Husband is Catholic and I am not and 2.) we were not married in a Catholic church (we were not married in a church at all, but it remains unknown if they would attend a church-other-than-Catholic wedding because no family member has yet dared. There are rumors that one cousin is now a Baptist, oh the shame.)

So anyway, back to fact #19. We were carrying The Kid in a pink blanket. A woman stopped us and said something like “oh what a cute baby, how old? boy or girl?” We replied and then she said “WHY is HE wearing PINK?” as if we must be mistaken. I said something like “because it’s cold out” I was lucky to even have the ability to form words, given the sleep deprivation, let alone reply to this nut job. After that incident I decided that if ever again I was asked such a question, I would reply “because he is gay” Unfortunately, I’ve not had the opportunity.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]