META CONTENT='NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW' NAME='ROBOTS' META CONTENT='NOARCHIVE' NAME='ROBOTS'

Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Update on Day Care Situation

It has been two days with no updates, I know you are dying to know what's been happening.

Ok, so the director called us back today (after talking to her boss) She said The Kid can stay in his current room until Jan but she doesn't recommend it (sure she has a PhD, but ahem, so do I but she doesn't know my kid and she doesn't have kids of her own so I request she keep her completely useless opinions to herself) So I guess the space fairy added space to Room F (the good room to which MeanKid was added) and to his current room, as both were absolutely filled to fire code when we met last week. Anyway, we are going to tell them no thanks (or more accurately, we are going to tell them that the director is a liar [or incompetent, take your pick] and we don't believe they have the best interest of our kid in mind. This presents worry #1 - that they will try to charge us something. Good luck. I can't find our contract anywhere but I do not remember it saying anything about a cancellation policy, maybe it does but I believe SHE violated the contract by lying to us. So take me to court because there is no other way I am paying. No possible way.

We visited the Super 8 - The Kid had fun but The Husband confirmed what I already knew - that he might be ok there but he's not going to become a genius (like his mother). The kids at Super 8 just seem bored, not neglected or abused, just plain bored and I don't like that.

We also visited Neighbor's Day Care (NDC) and let me tell you, I LOVED it. Too bad we didn't know about that when we moved. It was great. The owner quit her job as a teacher and opened a day care for her son because she hated all the ones they had visited/attended (sounds like my sister) They have a waiting list until (hopefully) Jan. This presents worry # 2 - that there will not be a spot Jan 1 and I will be completely screwed. That is job search time and if I want a job (and I do) I can't say "oh, sorry we don't have day care that day, can I come next week?"

We then called PrettyGoodAssistant Teacher (PGAT) to tell her to quit tomorrow and come on over. This presents worry #3 - that she'll get a raise to stay with lying director and we will be crying over our punch.

The plan (at 6:09 Monday) is to have PGAT watch The Kid here until Jan 1, then if she goes back to school or if it is not working out, go to NDC. The back up plan is Super 8 only when necessary which means I will effectively stay home alot except when necessary (which could very well make me completely insane and/or a drunk and/or unable to get a faculty position because I won't be able to think about anything other than Elmo)*

*ok, so I promise not to become a drunk, but I make no promises about my sanity

Please Please Please let this work out

Comments:
My fingers are crossed. I really hope it works out exactly as you want - you deserve it after this ick.
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]